The boys have been talking about visiting Santa & riding the train every since we put up our Christmas tree.
Earlier this week I took them for this fun little tradition.
I love making memories and experiencing things with them at Christmas.
They truly love all the little details that we as adults miss or don't appreciate any more.
We waited in line for about 10 minutes.
This is what that looked like . . . (keeping it real!)
Then it was our turn . . .
Joseph was hesitant, but really wanted to. So he allowed me to set him in Santa's lap. He didn't say a word & looked nervous and scared the entire time. Joseph treasures any little gift, so he loved getting a little coloring book and crayons.
Benjamin said from the beginning that he didn't want to sit in Santa's lap, or give Santa a high five. He just wanted to stay with Mommy. I told him that was fine. However, when he saw Joseph get a little gift he decided that he was willing to stand by Santa.
Then we rode the train.
They may look scared in these pictures, but they really did love it.
Last year Benjamin ended up crying on the train and had to be rescued and held by Daddy.
This year he was so proud that he told me multiple times, "I didn't cry, Mommy!"
I attempted a little shopping which went ok until the snacks ran out.
Then I was reminded why we don't go to the mall to shop very often.
Then I was reminded why we don't go to the mall to shop very often.
We drove home singing all our favorite Christmas songs.
I hope my boys look back on these days with so many happy memories!
HERE they are visiting Santa 2 years ago if you want to see their adorableness.
2 comments:
They're so cute! My boys always loved the Christmas train. Last year Ryan said he was too big for it. We haven't been this year at all.
It just goes so fast. I'm sure your boys will treasure these special days ALMOST as much as their mama does. <3
Oooh my kids love that train, even my oldest still rides it! I'll be so sad when he thinks hes to old. We havent been yet this year...
Post a Comment