Yesterday we celebrated Christmas with two very special people,
Grammie & Grandpa R.
The day began with Grammie & Grandpa spending some time with the boys while I took a quick trip to my doctor. I got the news "You are much better, but it will take another week or more for your hemoglobin to get back to normal," and the boys had a blast playing grocery store and many other fun games with Grammie & Grandpa.
Grammie & Grandpa R.
The day began with Grammie & Grandpa spending some time with the boys while I took a quick trip to my doctor. I got the news "You are much better, but it will take another week or more for your hemoglobin to get back to normal," and the boys had a blast playing grocery store and many other fun games with Grammie & Grandpa.
Grandpa took our car for a good washing.
(I will try to share that story later. . . it needed a good washing!)
After naps it was time to share gifts.
The boys' complete joy and excitement was heart-warming.
They both cooperated with pictures, because I explained there would be no opening of presents until after the pictures were done & mommy was happy with them.
Daddy read the Christmas story.
Joseph explain the part where, in his words,
"There was no room, until someone said you can stay in my barn."
"There was no room, until someone said you can stay in my barn."
Benjamin loved every single thing. He even exclaimed in excitement over pants, a t-shirt, and snowpants.
The biggest laugh of the day & the story we will tell forever occurred when Benjamin opened a card with some cash in it. He was so excited and exclaimed, "I got monies! Mommy, I have money for the fridge!" Then he ran and put the cash into our refrigerator.
(I may have told him a few too many times that he needs to close the refrigerator door because it costs money to keep it cold.)
(I may have told him a few too many times that he needs to close the refrigerator door because it costs money to keep it cold.)
Joseph was thrilled with everything as well. He decided he needed a bath immediately so he could use his new bathtub toys and paints.
We now own and don't need to borrow from the library two special books:
Star Wars & the Little Engine That Could
Star Wars & the Little Engine That Could
Grammie was so smart to wrap up some of Daddy's old lego guys & they were just as exciting as new ones would have been.
Daddy & the boys both loved them!
Daddy & the boys both loved them!
Grandpa got and enjoyed his Malted Milk Balls (an annual tradition).
The 3rd annual photo book was a hit.
I made my grandma's ham balls and Doug's grandma's pecan pie.
We all ate more than we should.
It was everything I hoped for . . .
A home filled with love, laughter, good food, hugs, happy children, thankfulness, memories and JOY.
3 comments:
I love that story about the cash for the fridge! Too funny, I also love how you snapped a picture of it :o)
So cute! Love the summation of the Christmas story! :) Your boys are so adorable and I'm glad they & you got to enjoy a Christmas celebration early! :) Praying for you!
So many great memories to be treasured! Glad you got a good report from your doctor too. I will keep praying for you!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment