Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Lights Display & Mud


We all have the stories.
You know, the "Someday we will laugh about this!" ones.

We have another one of those stories now.

The other night I took the boys, along with their very loved Uncle Nate & Aunt Pam, to enjoy a beautiful drive through lights display.

The boys really enjoyed it and noticed more that I even thought they would.
The light tunnels were especially fun!


The evening got exciting when Benjamin (my "have to go to the restroom often" child) announced that he had to go potty really, really, really bad.

The lights display has no place to stop & no easy exits, so we made the decision that the only solution was to pull over and let him use the bushes or deal with a wet car seat.  

I turned on my blinkers and drove off the side of the road which was covered in leaves & looked fine.
As soon as my wheels left the paved drive, I knew we were stuck in mud!

I took care of business with my son (he really did need to go!).

Then the very wonderful, supper amazing, giving, helpful, servant's heart, very strong Uncle Nate
saved our day and pushed our car out of the mud.

It was well, how should I say this . . . muddy.
He was covered, the floor of our car is still (somewhat) covered (inexpensive suggestions for fixing that are welcome!), and the outside of the car was filthy.

I am so thankful Nate was there to help.  
The boys have spoken very happily about the event many times.  
I think the mud made the experience even better for them. {grin}
And now we have a story to tell every year!


No comments: