My sister and I took the boys to meet St. Nick today. They were curious, but not that excited about it. They liked the decorations more than St. Nick himself.
.
We plan to teach our boys that Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. That will be the center of Christmas in our home.
.
However, we live in a world where Santa Clause is very prevalent at this time of year & rather than avoid the entire thing, I intend to teach Benjamin & Joseph the story of the true St. Nicholas. It is a beautiful story of a caring, loving, humble, devoted man of God who went out of his way to help others without them knowing. You can learn about it by googling if you like. {smile}.
.
I am so glad God is not like Santa.
.
The song says...
"Oh! You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout, I'm telling you why:
Santa Claus is coming to town!
He's making a list,
He's checking it twice,
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town!
He sees you when you're sleeping,
He knows when you're awake.
He knows when you've been bad or good,
So be good for goodness sake!
.
No, God is not like Santa. He does not give us what we deserve. His gift is not based on a list or my goodness. Instead, he was goodness for my sake! He became flesh and dwelt among us, yet did not sin.
.
* * * * *
(he is making a very high pitched squeal in the above picture)
.
So...life is interesting! I love having my energetic boy back, but it means more clean up {grin}.
.
2 comments:
Love all the pics! The top one with Santa is so natural and sweet. I read "Santa, Are You for Real" and "The Legend of St. Nicholas" (gorgeous art work in this one) to my kids this year and loved both books. I highly recommend them.
Miss you like crazy. Wish we could be together. Hopefully soon.
Love the pic to Ben looking at the pots and pans like "Hmmm...now that they are ALL out, what to do what to do?
XOXOX,
Dawn
I'm so glad Benjamin is doing well! Praise the Lord for His timing, for allowing this to be caught, and for provision of medicines to control things! Your boys are so cute!
Post a Comment