Love, Love, Love spring! I can't say it enough -- being outside is the best. We are just soaking up all we can of the great outdoors. By the way, for any mother out there with multiples, or children close in age, I cannot say enough about the benefits of a wagon. It is one of the best gifts we ever received, and it is worth every penny you might spend. We used it every single day this week.
Doug & I had a date night on Saturday. Love date nights! We went to see the movie How to Train Your Dragon. I really like it! Then we ate Mexican food, and walked around Target holding hand.
(Thank you Pam & Nate for the Christmas gift!)
I did a closet switch-out of the boys' clothing again this week. Packing up their winter clothing that I know they will never wear again was sad, but I am happy to be mostly past the need for 2 seasons of clothing that was crowding the space. I did keep out a few long sleeve shirts, slicks, and jeans, because well...I live in Iowa & we never know what the weather is going to do {grin}. The boys insisted on wearing their old zebra costumes (see previous post HERE). Very cute & they fit better now than they did in October.
I have been running for over a month now. I am pushing myself more than I every have before, & this week I did a "long run" of 7 miles (on a treadmill). It took forever (80 minutes), but I was so excited that my body was able to do it. We won't talk about what my body couldn't do the next day! I'm excited about the strength and energy running is giving me, but a little discouraged that the few pounds I was hoping to loose before my birthday next month don't seem to be cooperating. I guess the dark chocolate M&M might need to go if I am going to meet that goal!
The boys are wonderful. We have managed to go 3 weeks now with no sickness. Hurray! Joseph's talking continues to amaze us as he learns new words hourly & Benjamin is really starting to experiment and try new words more and more, too.
I had a few good garage sale finds this week:
* A nice pair of Gap sandles (look like they were never worn) for $1.
* 2 pairs of Gap jeans for next fall for $1 a piece
* A play shopping cart for the boys for $5
* A pair of Gap jeans for me (hurray!) for $5
How about you! Do any of my readers garage sale? Any good finds for you this week?
Finally, just a few cute pictures from last week {grin}.
I love this picture because they were actually helping each other pick up the letters.
4 comments:
You are very welcome!!!! :-P We LOVE watching the boys and always have a ton of fun when we get to!!!!!
We are enjoying the outdoors too:) I also found a good garage sale find last weekend. A little tykes table and two chairs for $5!! Oh, how I adore garage sales! No good clothing yet!!
Glad you were able to enjoy a date night!! We often end up at Target on date night too:)
Good to hear your running is going so well. I have a love hate relationship with running. I hate getting to the trail or the gym but I love the feeling you get in races and after a hard workout. Let me know if you do any local races. You should try for the Dam-to-Dam in June, it is a good challenge. Take Care!
Love the pictures -especially the closeup of Ben smilin - such a cheese! ANd the blue shirts wth those blue eyes - wow.
I am so glad garage sale season has begun and HOW COOL that you even found a pair of jeans, name brand no less, for YOURSELF! Awesome!
Brookeand I just got back from hitting a few sales. She got two spring/summer dresses for NEXT year. A cute pink ChicagoBears sweatshirt & tap shoes - $1 each item!!! Love it! Tap shoes are $25 at Payless! Then, Brooke used her own money to buy a pair of Barbie roller skates, a silver-sparkle belt, a beanie-baby, and ....wait for it...yes, another PURSE (because she only has 28 or so now!) Ah - its the thrill of the hunt. I am really looking for a boys 20 inch bike for Grant. Saw one this morning, but it was generously "loved", a little rusted, and only had hand-brakes. I think Grant needs pedal brakes still. Keep us posted with your garage sale success. Its fun to hear about your deals. Miss you!
Post a Comment