Friday Night we decided to enjoy a little family fun with these two cute zebras!
"Why Zebras?" you ask?
I would love to tell you some adorable story about how Zebra's are special or have some creative "twin" connection, or something like that, but truthfully it was because I found them cheap (as in I couldn't buy a mask at WalMart for this price cheap), and we like cheap!
And of course...they are cute!
And the boys REALLY like them because they are soft and cuddly. They actually carry the outfits around the house when they aren't wearing them.
Now as I was saying...we went on a little family outing to Living History Farms (a simulated frontier town & farmstead) on Friday night. It was cold and a little drizzle was coming from the sky, but the boys were bundled well under their soft Zebra costumes (they are Iowa boys after all). They can handle a little cold. We walked around to all the cute little homes/stores, took a horse drawn wagon ride, ate popcorn, ran around in a barn, and roasted marshmallows.
Joseph loved everything about it! He ran everywhere, charmed all the workers with his adorable smile, and touched the lights & hay & fence posts & pumpkins & anything we would let him. He actually cried when we put him in the car to head home!
Benjamin wasn't such a fan of the entire experience. He preferred to sit in the stroller or be held by mama. He's not an adventurous child, and his last molar is painfully pushing through. He was adorable in his stroller and he did like the popcorn we let him try.
2 comments:
Last evening Halloween), we had some really young "beggars" at our door (85 children total) and I was thinking how fun it would have been if you could have brought over your little zebras! Thank you for making the effort to record and share your outing with Ben and Joe in their costumes. It is really special for the grandparents to be able to see them (and you and Doug, of course).
Wow, looks like you guys had a way better Halloween experience than we did. And those are the cutest little zebras I've ever seen!
Post a Comment