The weatherman said it would reach 84 degrees today, so at 7:00 this morning I took out our swimming pool and filled it up. I used the hose, but also added a few buckets of very hot water from the kitchen sink to take the chill off.
It didn't warm up as quickly as I hoped.
The boys were so eager to swim, it was a job to keep them happy will they waited.
Finally at 10:30 I surrendered and allowed them to go play.
The boys were so eager to swim, it was a job to keep them happy will they waited.
Finally at 10:30 I surrendered and allowed them to go play.
I thought it was still chilly, but they loved every minute!!!
The other little boy in the picture is a friend of Benjamin and Joseph's that I have the joy of watching a couple of days a week. I also had his baby brother in my arms while the older boys played.
After about 40 minutes of play, their teeth were all chattering and they were ready to be wrapped up in snuggly, sun warmed towels.
Then they promptly requested popsicles.
Not the best way to warm up, but try to tell a 3 year old that! {grin}
No comments:
Post a Comment