Friday, May 18, 2012

A Lake Day = So Much Fun!

This morning I woke up, and excitedly realized we had nothing on our schedule today. 
I decided on a whim to take the boys to a state park close to us for the morning.  

They had never been before, the weather man said it should be a really nice day, and I wanted to spend the day just living in the moment and enjoying them.

I ignored the laundry, dirty bathroom, and grocery list.  

Instead I dressed the boys in swim suits, threw some towels and sand toys into the car, packed a small picnic, and then swung quickly by the store to get a few additional snacks for our cooler.  

I am so glad I did!  We had so much fun.


]















We were blessed to find cut up melon at the store on clearance (hurray!), and as a special treat I let the boys choose some flavored milk to have for lunch.












The boys must have run in and out of the small waves 100 times.  
The water was cold (in my opinion), but they had no trouble going in up to their waist.  
There were so many squeals of joy, it made my heart feel like it was overflowing!

I think they could have stayed all day.


We really just had the best time!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those on a whim days are the best! Glad you had such a good day with your boys <3