Thursday, September 1, 2011

Winnie The Pooh (The Movie)

(I wrote this last weekend, but forgot to post it.  Oh Well, better late than never!)

I love Saturdays.

The boys often ask "is it Saturday?" because they know that it's the day that daddy is home all day. Once they get confirmation, they will excitedly say "it's Saturday!" while waving their hands in an upward arc.

I love having Doug home.
I love the slower pace & the extra cuddle time with the boys.
I love getting to run all the errands I need to while having a little one-on-one time with one of the boys.

Tonight, after a productive day of groceries, etc. for me & toilet repairing for Doug,
we decided to head out for a little family fun.
The boys have never been to a movie theater & we have been talking about taking them this summer.
Tonight was the night.

We went to a late-release theater ($1.50 per ticket) to see the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie.  

They were so excited.


I thought it was a really cute movie.
The boys have loved Pooh for a long time.
They now think that this theater is "Winnie-the-Pooh's house" just like Disney World is "Mickey Mouse's house."

Joseph just couldn't stop jabbering about everything there & everything happening on the screen.
His eyes were huge as he sat by himself in the big seat taking it all in.
His attention was kept through the entire movie.
He did talk a little about it being "scary" because of the dark.

Benjamin also liked it, but was battling high blood sugar and as a result was squirmy & needed to go to the bathroom multiple times throughout the movie.   
Fortunately, the plot wasn't too complex, so Doug and I could still know what was going on when we returned from the multiple potty runs{grin}.
He mostly wanted to sit on Mommy or Daddy's lap and cuddle.
His attention waned at the end.
He and I finished the movie in the back of the theater and "danced" to the credit music.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wheres the 1.50 theater? Oh and this reminds me(waaaaaay after the fact) the cheap grocery store is Aldi's... We actually did a price compare between Aldis a Walmart and Aldis won. Its just not in a convienient location and you cant get everything you need there.

I love Saturdays too <3