Thursday, September 1, 2011

Playing in the Pool

Hi!  It's been a while!

Today. . .

All four kids (2 of mine & 2 that I watch) played in the pool outside today.
After the initial excitement of the pool wore off,
I took out our shaving cream and covered the picnic table with it.
They washed all the little cars in the cream, then rinsed them in the pool 
over, and over, and over.



Then when that got old, I gave them all old rags and they used the water and shaving cream to "wash" all their bikes and other riding toys.
Lots of fun for a hot day!  
{smile}

Does anyone else ever boil water and pour it into your kids wading pools so it won't be so cold???
Yes, I do.  These little ones are so spoiled!
Today while carrying out a pot of boiling water, I tripped on a ball and managed to pour [some of] the boiling hot water on my stomach.
Ouch!  And more ouch!  3 hours later it's still red.
Lesson learned.

Hope you all are finding a way to stay cool today.
I am looking forward to fall (but not winter!).

2 comments:

The Muns Family said...

hahaha! I can run the hose for 40 minutes and it's still warm water. That's the AZ heat for you. =)

Julie said...

I love love love fall.... Its so sad though that winter has to come so quickly on the heels of fall though.
Ouch about your burn! Good idea for heating up the water!