I have a lot of "catching up" to do on this blog. . . cousins visit, fireworks, 4th of July, funny thing the boys said today. . .
Why don't we just start with fireworks {grin}.
We told the boys Sunday morning after church that we would be seeing fireworks that night. We showed them what to expect on the computer & talked about how loud they would be.
Joseph was so excited he kept trying to convince us that the sun was about to go away so the fireworks could start (at 1:00pm!).
Benjamin was a little nervous from the start & kept saying "They are loud, it will not be scary."
In the evening we met up with Nate and Pam at their church. They have a great locations just a few blocks from the park where they set off the fireworks, with a nice large lawn, play equipment for the kids, and (of course) the church building with a bathroom.
We set up our blanket, played on the swing set for a few minutes and then some neighbors decided to set off their own firework. It was close and loud and unexpected.
At first they were just in shock and then the boys both lost it.
Benjamin crying and Joseph saying "I'm scared."
We took them both inside for a bit to help calm them down.
They liked it inside.
When it was close to time for the official show to start, I took Joseph outside.
He had calmed down & was willing to try again.
He enjoyed being pushed on the swing for a bit and talked on and on about "little" and "quieter" fireworks.
We also tried to bring Benjamin out.
He would have nothing to do with it and just cried and cried saying "I want to go back inside!"
Doug took Benjamin inside and I stayed with Joseph.
The fireworks show started.
I stayed calm and happy for Joseph.
He lasted about 30 seconds and then the tears started.
We went inside and our little family watched the show out a tiny nursery window.
Maybe next year!!???
4 comments:
Aww, the pictures speak a thousand words... Poor boys :o)
I love the look of terror on Joe's face in the 3rd picture down!!! And by "love," I don't mean I revel in his pain, but just find the expression to be quite hilarious. - Daddy
Aw, so sad! We've never tried fireworks because my husband is always working at summer camp anyway, and I honestly have just never let my kids stay up past 9 pm - I have no idea how they would act at that time, let alone with loud fireworks going on! :)
Noah did not like fireworks until this year. Don't worry. Soon you won't be able to keep them away from them.
Post a Comment