Hurray, summer has arrived.
It is HOT today!!! (Heat index of 104)
We went to the splash park (free between 10 A.M. - noon!) along with the rest of the world.
My tip for keeping track of three almost 3 year old boys at a very crowded splash park?
Bright orange swim shirts!
Seriously, it was a life saver. There were so many two feet tall little ones I really had to pay 110% attention to keep track of my three.
(Don't worry grandmas - there is no standing water at this splash park, just fountains.)
* * * * *
On Saturday mornings, Doug and I often split up with the boys to run errands. This gives us some one-on-one time with the boys. Daddy sometimes stops at Long John Silver's for a treat. The boys have learned that this is part of Daddy's errands and cry if it is their week to go with Mommy.
Mommy just gives apples which is not very exciting.
I am thinking I may start making a stop for ice cream {grin}.
I am thinking I may start making a stop for ice cream {grin}.
Do any ice cream stores have cute hats???
* * * * *
Running. . . it's a love/hate thing right now.
I love running.
I hate my sciatic nerves & physical therapy.
Right now my PT is trying to make me change my running gait.
This is hard.
I still love to run though.
When I run outside, I have been wearing Doug's visor.
It has been hot the last few outside runs.
I think he has decided he doesn't want his visor back.
Have I every shared how much I sweat when I run? No?
Well, it's a lot.
Gross right?
(Was that tmi?)
* * * * *
The boys love our neighbors' dog and their daughter.
* * * * *
Bath time is always a wet mess and lots of fun.
I have learned to just put towels on the floor before we even start a bath.
We tried to shower the boys a few weeks ago. It did not go well & there were tears.
They hate the shower and now remind us of that every time we take a bath.
"Mommy, I don't like the shower."
* * * * *
Our cousins came for a visit.
More about that later, but it was tons of fun!
I think tonight we may go to the pool (free from 6-7 P.M. . . . we like free) with the rest of the world.
This time we will take Daddy & only two little boys (much easier!).
I hope everyone is having a great summer day!
Thanks for enduring my randomness today.
4 comments:
Love your randomness!
Love the orange shirts!! Great idea! I too would bring along something fun like apple slices. The boys like to go with Jud... he buys candy:)
Adorable pictures (I especially like the bathtub one with the feet sticking up, to cute)! Do you want to meet at the splash park next week if my family is better?
the hugging picture is way too cute! My girls do that all the time too... such a special bond!
brittany
Post a Comment