Yesterday, I got my creative juices flowing with the boys (Benjamin, Joseph, and a friend) and we made some fun frogs.
Truthfully, It wasn't my creativity {grin}
I stole many of the ideas from:
A real great blog with awesome, and usually easy, ideas.
We made the frogs.
Then I "quizzed" the frogs on their letters. I would write a letter on my tiny white board & the boys would use their frog to answer. When the frog "answered" correctly I would give him a "tongue high five"{grin}.
We were also inspired by listening to this you-tube video song:
We (yes I did it too!) acted out the song on our own sofa. Jumping off one "frog" (little boy) at a time while singing.
They all ate it up! And wanted to do it over, and over, and over!
It was a good reminder how much our children just love interacting and playing with us. It doesn't have to be big or expensive. It just has to involve you having fun with them.
(It only took me 3-4 minutes to plan and prep the craft and ideas.)
The grin of satisfaction on Joseph's face was priceless.
I wouldn't trade having these days with them for anything!
2 comments:
I LOVE this idea & how you used it to teach the letters, too! The totally Tots website is great - another one I love with LOTS of easy crafts that are perfect for 2-yr-olds is No Time for Flashcards. :) Thanks for sharing! :)
Great Ideas!!! So cute too!!
Post a Comment