Friday, December 3, 2010

Today


I took the boys to 3 different appointments . . . pediatrician (for them), physical therapist and eye doctor (for me). That was almost 2 hours of sitting in the stroller for them. They did so well.

I am thankful for 2 little notebooks and pens that can entertain little boys for long stretches. They like to draw "clues." "Mommy, I am drawing a dog." "Mommy, I am drawing Grandpa." "Mommy, I am drawing the Wiggles."
Do I need to clarify they the aren't actually forming those things with their pens? {grin}

My children sing "I will obey the first time I'm told" loudly right before they disobey.

I had to wake the boys up from their nap to leave for an appointment. I hate doing that.

Benjamin is wanting to sit on the potty often & is frequently actually using it. I'm not overly excited yet since he still uses his diaper often too. On that note, I wouldn't have had to change clothes today from a potty "event" if I had girls. Any tips moms of boys???

I am sore from a new PR running yesterday.

Thanks to friends on facebook, I ordered some Melissa & Doug toys at 50% off today for the boys.

I need to finish some Christmas shopping.

We are missing family that was here at Thanksgiving.



Our tree still isn't up.

I made sure I had all the items for making the fudge I'm planning to take to our Bible Fellowship class party tomorrow.

I ate chocolate chips straight out of the bag just like my mom taught me to. {grin}

The dog who sings the most annoying sounding Christmas song ever (and that the boys love), is running out of batteries. I can't say I am sad about this.
.

I am trying to think of a good Christmas lesson to share with AWANA kids next Wednesday night.

Joseph can't get enough stickers. His arm has a rash from a large one Toy Story one he insisted on placing there.

We are glad Grandpa is home from the hospital. He had to go on Thanksgiving weekend.

One of my boys threw a fit (totally lost it!) because I didn't have an apple in the car for him to eat.

I talked to my sister on the phone. We are praying so hard for God to provide the finances for them to submit their dossier by Christmas.

We are thankful for a warm home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potty training boys is SO exciting. Plan to have many more clothes-change-required accidents. It's possible that one of my sons who shall remain nameless still has them occasionally.

I don't really have any advice about the whole thing, just know I'm feeling your pain. ;)

We're praying for Nate and Pam too. I'm excited to see God work in their situation. :)

IowaGal5 said...

http://www.amazon.com/Potty-Training-1-2-3-What-Works/dp/1932740104/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291521450&sr=8-1

Link to "Potty Training 1-2-3" by Ezzo on Amazon. Best book on the topic out there. I really appreciated the info and how to know WHEN they are ready.

Also - he must start out sitting and learn to hold it DOWN. Just sayin.

Love the random updates and little tidbits. I smiled often. thanks.

Julie said...

I agree with IowaGal5 on the having the boys sit and holding it down. They can learn to hold it down pretty quick. My boy still sits and I never have to worry about him missing. SO nice!

Carrie said...

Oh, dear - no tips on potty training here - Z just turned 3 and is not even potty training yet - but we just moved, so maybe soon... maybe... :) I loved these 'today' posts, though, so neat to hear about what goes on in your busy days!!! :)