Benjamin loves to wear his Daddy's winter hat.
.
.
I am drinking tea, taking vitamin C and D (thanks to my sister-in-laws suggestion) in a desperate attempt to avoid the cold I can feel coming. I don't think it is working. There is a huge fog in my head.
Did you know the average adult gets 4 colds a year & the average toddler gets 8.
Joseph is getting nebulizer treatments every 4 hours for his cold and horrible raspy cough he woke up with. He sounds terrible, but is still chattering on just like usual.
I stopped counting the number of times I have sang "Away In A Manger" & "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus" with the boys.
The library books are getting lots of use. We got "Wiggle Waggle" this week. It is still a BIG favorite.
We also borrowed "The Wiggles Christmas" dvd from the library this week. It is very tacky and ametureish (I just made that word up, but it works). The boys love it. We had a blast dance around the living room to their singing. I was delightfully surprised to learn they sing not only songs about Santa, but also many sacred favorites. Love that!
.
I took the boys to WalMart. I hated taking Joseph and his germs out (not to mention me), but we had a diaper shortage at our house that needed immediate attention. I am so sorry to the mom who got that cart after me. For what it is worth I did wipe it off with a Clorox wipe.
Christmas music is playing 24/7 at our house.
I am teaching in AWANA sparkies. The True Christmas Story. Did you ever think about the fact that Luke (who wrote about the story in his gospel) probably talked to Mary and maybe the shepherds about the circumstances around Jesus' birth?
(Would you pray that my thoughts and words will be clear as I share this story with the kids!)
I made a huge "to do in the next few days" list. It is long. It includes putting up the tree.
Joseph woke up crying after 1 1/2 hour nap. When I went to get him I discovered he had dropped a special comfort item on the floor. When I handed it back to him he told me "more nap." I was happy to agree to that request. {grin}
My parents are trying to sell their home in Arizona so they can move to their new ministry in Colorado. I wish I was there to help my Mom. I am a little sad about the fact that I will not be going "home" to Arizona anymore. I am happy they are moving closer to us!
It costs over $350 per person to fly to Arizona at Christmas {sad face}.
Other than the small interruption on Joseph's part, the boys both took a 3 hours nap!!!!!!!!!
(I can't use enough exclamation marks here on this comment!)
.
The dog's batteries still haven't given out.
I get to cuddle and love on these clean babies toddlers.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment