Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some Mommy Confessions...


At 2 years old, my boys are still in cribs. I haven't moved them yet because they stay in cribs and sleep well there!

Joseph still uses a pacifier at nap & bedtime.



Both boys are very attached to a comfort item which I still let them take to church.
.
(Benjamin throws his blankets on the floor every morning and then cries because he can't reach them...silly boy!)

I haven't even started potty training yet. Honestly, it scares me!

We don't only quietly read books before bed.



I may have eaten all the chocolate chip cookie dough chunks out of the 1/4 carton of ice cream we have left.

There. Now I feel better. {grin}

6 comments:

Clarinda said...

Don't rush the potty training thing Debi! I only had 1 boy at a time & still didn't get them trained until a few months before their 3rd birthday & know others who waiting until right at 3.
And I don't think we ever read books quietly before bed...mostly it's rough-housing with Daddy before bed at this house. Wears them out, that's for sure!
:-)

The Muns Family said...

I just now moved Noah (he will be three in two weeks) to a bed and that was only because I wanted to. He slept well in a crib still. I have done a bit of potty training with him but I am not going to rush it. I figure that I will know when he is ready.

Anonymous said...

Neither of my boys potty trained till much closer to three. I'd wait till next summer when they can run around mostly naked. ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Our boys slept in their crib until they were three and a half! It was really safer...since two to roam the house in the middle of the night is quite a scary thought!
They still have special puppies that make appearances in public every so often...and potty training, well, I sent them to Grandma's for a few days and they came back trained! I know, I'm spoiled!!!
Cookie dough...my mom said the raw eggs would kill me...so I seriously cannot stomach any dough! Crazy isn't it!

Unknown said...

You are a great mom and YOU know best when to tackle those obstacles!

Carrie said...

As far as the cribs, why move them if they're not climbing or anything? I only moved Z at almost 2 because I had to have the crib free for Natalie - I would've kept him in it a lot longer- nothing wrong with that!

As far as potty training, Z will be 3 in December, and we have discussed it, but not started - he's just not ready - they have to be physically ready & able to feel the sensation of going potty - and lots of boys don't train until 3. You're doing a great job! :)