On An Exciting Start To The Week (warning...may contain T.M.I. for some!)
Today started with one of the glamorous sides of motherhood...
While changing one very bad dirty diaper on son #1, I turn my head and see son #2 coming down the stairs with no diaper on. Instead he is carrying his diaper & it is dirty. Ahhhh!!!!
Life is exciting here folks!
(Is this a sign I should be potty training???)
On The Big Game
We had a good time watching the BIG Iowa vs. Iowa State football game on Saturday with friends.
Not so happy about the results!
On My Sister's Birthday And A Selfish Little Boy
My "baby" sitter, Kristi, had a birthday on Friday. She is attending a local college, so my other sister, Pam, and I got together with her for some ice cream on Friday evening. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if you want to be jealous! (Yummy!)
I wanted to surprise Kristi with something special, so on my way to pick her up, the boys and I stopped and bought 2 roses for them to give her. All the way there I was telling the boys they were going to say "Happy Birthday Aunt Kristi" and hand her the flowers. Joseph kept repeating it, but apparently it didn't sink in.
When we arrived at her school cafeteria Benjamin walked right to her and handed her the flower (very cute). Joseph however, realizing that he was going to have to give up the flower, yelled "no" and ran in the opposite direction. Apparently, we have some more instruction to do on not being selfish!
Here is a picture of the boys with their Aunt Kristi.
On Growing Squash
The squash is still growing. However, it is still green? The verdict is still out if we will actually be eating any of it!
On Nasty Diaper Bags
I am going to need a new diaper bag. Ours has mold growing in it (Yuck. I know!). I have tried washing, etc with no luck. I hate to put out $ on this, but I am not ready to give a diaper bag up yet. Some of the things I have wanted/needed this past week while we have been out & about... snacks, water, diabetic supplies, diapers, bandaids, change of clothing, books, and other things I can't remember right now.
I don't know how some of you do it. Just throwing a diaper in your purse?!!
On Laundry Being "Done"
At one point last week my laundry was ALL DONE. Amazing feeling. It lasted for about 2 hours until my hubby came home with his sweaty, muddy football officiating uniform. {sigh}
I would really like to talk to the person who decided that white pants were the "perfect" uniform for a sport that is played in the grass & mud!
On A Way To Get Toddlers To Take A Good Nap
Took the boys on a long walk at the community college a few blocks from our house. They walked/ran about half a mile, found sticks (which made Joseph very happy!) and generally had a blast! Then they took 3 hour naps. Note to self...try this again!
On Why I Can Never Stop Paying Attention
On Our Favorite Thing To Do Right Now
3 comments:
Just some comments on a couple of your thoughts.....
On Your Sister's Birthday: Happy Birthday Kristi!!
On Nasty Diaper Bags: Try a back pack. You can usually find them pretty reasonable - plus it keeps your hands free for two toddlers! : )
On Laundry Being "Done": It's the NEVER ENDING job!! And I totally don't understand the whole wearing white for outdoor sports.... only I deal with white soccer socks!!
The boys are SO cute! Love your blog!! Have a great week.
I keep telling people at school that I was at supper when a really cute young man appeared at my side and handed me a rose. :)
Yeah I never gave up diaper bags, they just could get smaller & then a little backpack they could carry at about 2-3 years until they were potty trained, then I just threw sippy cups in my purse. :-)
They are so adorable & I am glad you never stop paying attention!
BTW - laundry is a result of the curse. Just think, before Adam & Eve sinned, there was NO Laundry! :-)
Please tell us next time you come to AZ so we can come see you!
Post a Comment