Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly Wrap

As I sit down to write today I can think of little to say. However, I know Grandpa & Grandma are eager for some more news & pictures, so randomness it is...
.
We are in that time of year where life is "just happening." Holidays are done, weather is cold & snowy, no big events on the horizon.
.
Benjamin is sick with a cold. He had a fever last night, but thankfully has only had a bad runny nose this morning. I dislike sickness so much for selfish reasons. Makes us housebound...no store, no gym, no playdates, no snowplay, no fun.
.
Right now I love how Joseph will stop playing, run into the kitchen, and give me a big hug & gigantic open mouthed kiss. Just because!
.
Makes me think about how I respond to my heavenly father. Does it give him the same joy it gives me to have his children run to him desiring his love & affection & attention??? I know he is always there desiring to give it...but do I run in eager anticipation of it?
.
I feed my children...really I do! Both boys are working hard on their eye teeth. Benjamin has 2 new ones through & Joseph is really close. It's been like having infants again...drool & everything in the mouth.
.
The boys are loving this tent we got from their Aunt Dawn when we visited a few weeks ago. They play peek-a-boo in it and all sorts of games that I don't know the rules to.


.
Remember when I mentioned my brother was engaged HERE. Well, he & his finance decided to elope on January 4th. We love you Tim & Mandie! We are praying that God blesses your new life together.
.

"A boy's story is the best that is ever told."
- Charles Dickens



1 comment:

DAD / Grandpa Carter said...

"A boy's story is the best that is ever told."
- Charles Dickens

Debbi, I appreciate this quote and I appreciate that you are diligent to tell us your boys' story. You were right about Grandma and Grandpa waiting for some news and pictures. Two sets of us no doubt. But, it is your "fault" for you set the bar and we now expect you to jump it. Thanks so much.