Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Together (Mommy Ramblings)


You have been TOGETHER your whole life. You grew in my womb together, you nursed together, you sleep together, you eat together, you play together, you share a shopping cart seat together, you get "pokes" together (although one is real & one is fake), you bath together, you play together, you hear all the same stories, you do everything together.


From the moment I knew I was going to have two babies I hoped you would be close.

Best Friends.

Many family & friends were wishing for one boy & one girl, but secretly I wanted to have 2 of the same gender. Having a sister close in age, I knew if you were both boys (or girls) you would have even more in common.

Through the first year of your life you definitely knew about your brother & expressed affection, but your main response to your brother was just "he is there."

There have been times I wondered if you would ever really demonstrate the special "twin bond" everyone talks about.

Many mothers-of-multiples have told me that the day would come that 2 would be easier than one because they would play together. Well, I think that day might finally be arriving!

Joseph, watching you react to Benjamin's diabetes diagnose was very eye opening. Your sleep was affected (the only time you have had a night terror), you were upset & lost when Benjamin was at the doctor without you, you got mad at me the first few times I gave him a shot... all these things showed me how close your relationship has become!

This week the change in how you interact has been monumental. You are really playing together, interacting on an entirely new level. I have gotten teary eyed many times this week listening to you laugh, share, and interact. You follow each other from room to room, make the mess twice as big (although you have always done that!), imitate each other constantly, hug/wrestle frequently, and laugh hysterically at jokes I don't understand. There have been times this week where you played in your room for 30+ minutes without "needing" me.

Yesterday morning I woke up to "bo"... "giggle"... "bo" ... "giggle." Melted my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness they are heart-melters aren't they! :)

Anonymous said...

Your "ramblings" are beautiful, Debbi. What precious observations and memories you are documenting!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Yay :) I loved this! It's exactly what I want for my boys, even being the polar opposites that they are :)
I also was hoping for 2 same gender while everyone else was hoping 1 of each :)

Sarah Hensley said...

What a sweet post. Nathan has always hoped we could have twins... I'm starting to think it'd be wonderful too! You're so blessed!

Homegrown Tribe said...

isn't it amazing, to see their bond. The girls are super close too. The peek-a-boo games they play are super adorable! I'm sure your boys do it to. Twins are awesome aren't they!

Britt