Thursday, January 28, 2010

Water Play

We tried something new today. Water Play!
The boys were...
Antsy. Bored. Tired of all their toys. Stuck inside.

In a creative desperate moment I decided to try letting them play in two sinks full of water & bubbles.
.
I'm not going to lie, it was messy, but nothing that a big absorbent towel & a change of clothes couldn't fix.
They really enjoyed it. Especially Joseph. He played for about 30 minutes.


Is dish soap non-toxic???





My sister & I have many memories created in this exact same position (in front of the sink with dishes)! Little do these boys know that their "play" is really training for future chores. {grin}

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great Idea.... some of my most creative ideas come out of desperate moments;) We are getting antsy in this house too!!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You are a fun mom!!! My boys are getting tired of this boring mom...I might have to send them over!

IowaGal5 said...

Grant and Brooke still LOVE to "wash" dishes and play in the sink! Keep it up - yes, it is TRAINING and there are a couple of little girls out there who will someday THANK you ;)!