"Girls are made out of sugar and spice and everything nice, but boys are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails."
"Boys will be boys..."
I never had to teach them to crash their CARS & make exploding NOISES...
I never had to teach them that a hug is the best way to start a WRESTLING match...
I never had to teach them to make car SOUNDS...
.
I never had to teach them to love BALLS...
I never had to teach them to GROWL...
.
I never had to teach them how to get DIRTY...
They just did!
.
For other mothers with small children, I want to share...
There is a great web site http://www.productiveparenting.com/ that I am really loving right now. They have tons of activities for your children divided out by age range. If you sign up they will email you a new idea every day, or you can just browse through their lists. Some ideas are just awesome & other need to be adapted for my children's specific needs, but overall it has been very helpful in these winter months! (By the way...they are not paying me to say this).
2 comments:
Isn't that the truth. I remember thinking most all of those things when I had a boy after just having had a girl.
I can't wait to read the one like this someday after you have a girl...something like I never had to teach you how to cradle a baby or how to twirl to make your dress go out. :-)
"Boys will be boys" is a great theme and your two boys are a couplf of my favorites! Thanks for the photos and stories.
Post a Comment