Wednesday, January 27, 2010

3 Beautiful Words

Three words that have never been so BEAUTIFUL until spoken by my own children...
.
Mama or Mommy
.
Love
.
Brother
.
♥ ♥ ♥
It's been a rough week. All of us have a cold virus of some type.
.
Benjamin is as happy as can be, but still has a runny nose & a little cough & for some reason higher blood sugar again (we have made some insulin adjustments again that should help).
.
Joseph has had a rough time of it. He is very fussy. In addition to the virus he has gotten 3 new teeth (#4 is almost here). I took him to the doctor on Monday where we learned he has fluid on both ears. We were also given medication to help his respiration & a nebulizer. Last night he finally slept from 8-6:30 so hopefully he is on the mend now.
.
Winter is still going strong here in Iowa.
The sun came out yesterday for just a few hours so I snapped a picture so I could remember it! It may be awhile before such an event happens again. {grin}
.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troublesare achieving for us an eternal glorythat far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

5 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I've been missing your blogging, Debbi!
Hope your boysies get to feeling better. The cold season this year just seems ridiculous, doens't it.
Oh and WINTER is riciulous....not complaining, not complaining ;)

Anonymous said...

Trusting and praying that the last half of the week will see big improvements. Am glad to see you blogging again!

Sarah Hensley said...

BEAUTIFUL photos, and I love those verses!!
Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog. You have been an encouragement to me too-- more than you know! I am so thankful for the internet so I can keep an eye on your little family! ;)
Take care!!

DAD / Grandpa Carter said...

Debbi, thank you for this update. I pray (have prayed, am praying, will be praying) for you, Doug, Benjamin, and Joseph. Your scripture passage is right on in reminding us that the trials of this life are merely "light affliction, which is but for a moment." May God be your help and strength.

IowaGal5 said...

Thank youfor this post. i needed it. I needed to see those blue eyes. I needed to see the sun. I needed to hear HIS words. I am a bit overwhelmed right now and having trouble finding my way to the surface. Thanks! I love you all.