"As long as I see anything to be done for God, life is worth having; but O how vain and unworthy it is to live for any lower end." - David Brainerd
I have been busy the last several days. That is my excuse for not posting more about the boys for Grandpa & Grandma {grin}. Life sometimes calls, and as much as I want to stay "faithful" to documenting my life through blogging, I never want blogging to take the place of actually LIVING life with my family.
I have become a student again. This past week I have been studying, testing, and writing a paper. Why? Because, in Iowa to maintain a teaching license you must take 6 credits of continuing education every 6 years. I am taking an online class. I am grateful that online classes are an option since it allows me to complete the work during the boys nap time & after they have gone to bed. I will be taking my final "test" on Wednesday. This test must be completed in person, so a sweet lady in our church has agree to come watch the boys so I can do this.
Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to teach Sparks (the 5-7 year old Awana program). The leader had a fun idea to use the boys as an illustration for the story of Jacob & Esau. They boys did great! They sat up front for the 25ish children to compair & contrast their similarities and differences. Mainly the children noticed that their clothes were the same {grin}, but a few recognized other similarities (boys, blue eyes, etc.). One bright boy pointed out that their skin coloring is a little different, which is sooooo true. Benjamin takes after his daddy's olive skin tone & Joseph has my pasty white complextion. After the comparison active was completed the leaders took the boys out in the hall while I finished the lesson. My goal was to help the students understand that dishonesty can be with words & actions. I miss teaching at times!
It has been beautiful here recently. We are getting outdoors as much as possible, before the cold and snow traps us indoors. There were many things I looked forward to experiencing with my children, but I never realized what a DELIGHT it is to see them investigate & explore. I love taking them someplace new and watching them experience it. It doesn't even have to be an "exciting" place by adult's standards. Just an open field is full of many thrilling things for them!

I am excited to be wearing new jeans today. This is really shallow, but oh well. They make me happy for 2 reasons. First of all they only cost $12, and secondly they are my "pre-pregnancy" size. Hurray!!! I know it has taken 15 months, but I made it!
The boys have experience both dogs & cats this week. Our friends just got a new puppy that we visited & we "catsat" for my sister over the weekend. Surprisingly, they handled it well. I wasn't sure since in the past they have been frightened around moving things they don't understand. Benjamin is very interested and will follow them around and sometimes get brave enough to try and touch them. Joseph is a little more cautions, but watches them intently. Both boys tried cat food. Benjamin spit it out immediately, but Joseph chewed it up and would have gone back for more if I would have let him!
I am getting excited for Christmas! Last year the boys didn't "get it", but THIS YEAR....
I found a great sale on the Little People Nativity Set (50% off) and purchased it for them. I plan to put it out when we put up the tree. I want them to have something then "can" touch in the midst off all the pretty stuff they can't. I can't wait to "play act" the story using the little people with them. We are starting to sing "Away In A Manger." Right now they totally don't get the motions! They look at me like I am crazy!!!
Remember these babies from last year?
.JPG)
We are looking forward to family visiting at Thanksgiving. I am showing the boys a picture of Grandpa & Grandma Carter every day & trying to teach them to say "Grandpa" & "Grandma."
We also are looking at pictures of our cousins who we can't wait to see.
Have a great week everyone.
1 comment:
If Joe will eat cat/dog food....what does that say about your cooking? Hmm......
No seriously - I can't wait to see them! Theyare soooooo different now that this past summer. COUNTING THE DAYS.
Post a Comment