Tuesday, November 10, 2009

About Tooth Brushes

Now that both boys proudly boast of 12 pearly white teeth, we have started to become a little more diligent about brushing before bed at night.
Joseph is very willing to let us brush. He thinks it is fun & will often giggle the entire 60 seconds.
Benjamin isn't as cooperative, but usually lets me get in a few good swipes before clamping his jaw shut.
Both boys are VERY into brushing their own teeth. Joseph will frequently (as in 10+ times a day) go to the bathroom cabinet and say "tee" (meaning teeth) to indicate he would like his toothbrush. When we give it to him he is tickled as can be and will happily "brush" his teeth for several minutes. Of course when Benjamin sees Joseph with a toothbrush he promptly attempts to steal it, causing Joseph to yell "no" at the top of his lungs, which leads to Benjamin crying until I get him his own toothbrush.


I hope they are always this excited about brushing their teeth (ha-ha, I'm guessing I won't be that lucky!).

2 comments:

Mark and Laura said...

Just found your blog today. You have beautiful boys and they sound like they keep you on your toes. Keep enjoying every moment!

Unknown said...

Aiden has the same toothbrush. He wasn't crazy about brushing at first, but now we sing ABC's when we brush and he loves it! He knows when the song is over, we are done. Maybe you could try that with Joseph.