Friday was a full day with dresser painting & re-arranged our (Mine & Doug's) bedroom. I am still working on the dresser, but will post pictures when I am done. AND... lucky us, we found an old blow up lazer Star Wars sword under the bed that the boys (all 3 of them!) have been playing with all weekend.
The boys are on the borderline of only needing one nap a day, so Monday - Thursday I kept them/us busy and on the go so they would miss their morning nap. All four days they slept 2-3 hours for their afternoon naps which was nice, but we had some LONG & FUSSY mornings. So on Friday & Saturday I had them take a 20 minute snooze in the morning & then purposefully woke them up. They took GREAT afternoon naps on Friday & Saturday, soooooo this is the "new" plan for this next week.
Not taking morning naps made for some fun activity time. We went to the library one morning where I signed the boys up for a Tuesday baby signing class this month (FUN! I hope). We also went to the park several times & visited several local stores for some fun "window" toy shopping.
Joseph is IN LOVE with books. Nothing makes him happier. I am soooooo thrilled about this & hope his love affair with books lasts forever!!!
Saturday night we had my sister and her husband along with my other college sister over for dinner. It was fun to all be together for a while. The boys played some crazy strategy game they love & us girls watched Fiddler On The Roof. I hadn't seen in it quite some time. I loved the scene on the Sabbath when the parents pray/sing a blessing over their children. What a lovely tradition & what a blessing for the children to hear their parents pray over them!
1 comment:
Number 1 - you will be teaching them to pick up for the next 17 years. For that matter, I assume you are still teaching your biggest boy to pick up!
Number 2 - Dumping and emptying is a phase they love and hang onto for quite a while. I feel like just now, my kids are starting to get the idea that if they dump it, they pick it up.
Lastly - I am so glad Joe likes books so much. i was in nursery this past week and sat down with a stack of books on my lap, just longing to read to a tiny one. NOT ONE toddler wanted to read with me. I read one out loud as they ran past me and ignored me and gave up.
SOOOoooooooo, tell Joe-Joe, Auntie Dawn is in serious need of some "read and snuggle time"! I bought 4 cute board books for them at a yard sale on Saturday. I might save them for Christmas.
Post a Comment