Saturday, September 19, 2009

Random Dozen...

Katie at The Baby Factory did this in video form. I am not that brave, but I thought it would be fun to answer the questions. I always enjoy reading/hearing peoples answers on these Q/A things. You always learn something new about your friend.


1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas? Definitely a return line. In a meeting you get to SIT quietly without interruption. If I was in a return line, most likely I would be trying to entertain 2 toddlers who would be very unhappy to be contained in a none moving stroller

2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? Passive aggressive. I would rarely ever say anything to the person that is being confrontational, but my poor hubby will hear about it later. And I would almost NEVER confront. The few times in my life I have confronted someone it has been SO HARD.

3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff)? I wish I did know more. I know my Great, Great Grandpa on my mom's side immigrated from Sweden.

4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you? The honest answer... well thought out (big or small) gifts. That makes me sound materialistic and selfish doesn't it?!? For me a small well thought out gift means someone cares enough about me to think about what would be special and to make the effort to seek it out. I also love encouraging words. For example the other day I was pushing the boys around the store in a cart and a sweet woman walked by and said "You are doubly blessed." That was all she said & she kept walking, but it was so encouraging and a great reminder that I am blessed! Much preferred to the "double trouble" comment.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option).
ICE CREAM!!! When I was pregnant with the boys I ate ice cream almost every day (maybe that is part of the reason why I was carrying 12lb of baby, but gained 40!).

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? No. I wish I did. The more likely scenario is throwing my stuff into a large, gender neutral (so Doug will carry it) diaper bag.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? I am task oriented. Having the boys has definitely revealed this flaw. God defiantly uses our children to perfect us!

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? IHOP.

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? Nope. I have only seen 4 movies in the theater ever & the last one was before Benjamin & Joseph. What movie you ask? Indiana Jones & I was pregnant at the time. Joseph had never moved so much...I think he liked the music!

10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? This is a "step on your toes" kind of question. My personal quiet time would top the list. I need to go deeper more often. An "Our Daily Bread" though of the day is good, but I need to study more, pray more, memorize more.... (sigh)
Healthier eating would be second. I feed the boys very health, but all to often while they are eating their broccoli I am consuming my bag of dark chocolate M&M's.

11. Was middle school fun or painful? Neutral. I don't remember it be especially fun or painful, just OK.

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? GOOD apple cider with cinnamon or hot tamales added.
Anyone else want to join in? I would love to hear what you answer... Dawn, Karen, Jennifer, Clarinda, Anyone???

1 comment:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Yay!! So fun :)
Totally hear you on the 'gender neutral' diaper bag.
Last night we were at the football game, and I was out talking to some friend, but had left my purse w/ Jesse--I was apparently gone a long time when I got a text that said "If you're not back before the game's over, I'm NOT carrying your purse out of here"
{sigh} Men :)