Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekly Wrap

I'm sure you have all noticed my absence the last few days. I have been very busy with driving around, garage saleing, saving our family LOTS of money.
Starting Thursday and continuing through Saturday I visited 20+ garage sales. It was a very profitable venture & I am thrilled with my money saving finds!
Some of my many amazing finds... A $10 Fisher Price Table for the boys (You can see Joseph using it in the picture), a $5 booster seat, lots & lots of clothes including never worn sandals for $.50 & 6 pairs of look like they were never worn pajamas for $1. For those of you who are wondering... Yes, that is a new chair in the picture. I did purchase the table I found on Craig's list a few weeks ago. And yes, we were thrilled to replace the death traps old chairs we used to sit in.
















Friday I spent some time cleaning up the 2 rolls of toilet paper that fell victim to some little hands. You would think I would have learned to close the doors after the first occurance.















Saturday my hubby got baby sitters and took me out to celebrate my 29th birthday (yes I know it's a month late, but better late than never, right?). The boys had fun with their sitters (thank you Al & Joy!), and I had a great time eating Italian food I didn't prepare, and letting someone else clean up while I drank a HOT cup of decaf coffee & enjoying adult conversation with my #1 man. After dinner we did a little shopping at Kohls, and a little more talking at the DMACC park. Doug surprised me with a digital picture frame - I never would have guessed that is what he got me! I am currently pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to run the crazy thing enjoying the process of learning how to use it.



We finally rented a Rug Doctor and gave the living room floor a thoroughly washing. I won't go into all that needed to be cleaned out of the carpet. If you have your own children your imagination can probably fill in the blanks on this one! Let's just say purrayed carrots do not change color when they are regurgitated.



I am just loving these precious boys!











Caring for them is the best job I have ever had. Their laughter is the most amazing sound. They love to play chase, climb stairs, throw things to see what sound they make when they hit the ground, laugh at themselves in the mirror, and get into everything!
They also are really starting to get into "reading" my many $.25 garage sale books.











Finally, please pray for my Grandpa. I don't know all the technical information, but he is in the hospital with heart problems. He is getting a pace maker put in this morning and he is on medication to try to dissipate a possible blood clot in his heart.

Out of the sadness regarding Grandpa's condition, we had the joy of getting to see my dad who flew in from AZ to be with his dad last night. We meet him at Subway for some sandwiches before he hit the road for a 3 hour drive to my Grandparents home.








That's all for today!

No comments: