Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grandpa Update

Hi All. I am going to keep this short tonight, I just wanted to update everyone who is praying for my Grandpa. Surgery went as well as can be expected. The pacemaker seems to be operating like it is supposed to. The doctors originally said they would be keeping Grandpa through tonight to make sure that his blood was as thin as it needed to be before sending him home. Late this afternoon they changed that decision and released him to go home. I spoke with my Dad on the phone this evening and he said Grandpa was resting and glad to be home. He will need to wear an immobilizer on his arm for a while. The doctors told him to imagine he broke his arm for the next 4 weeks (even though he didn't) to help him remember not to use it. There is still the issue with the blood clot that needs to be resolved, but that is currently being treated with medication.
Please continue to pray!
(I apologize in advance if I got any of these details wrong. I am not good at the technical, medical information.)
In other news. The 2 boys in this house have had a fussy few days. They want me constantly. If I am not holding them they are doing this...
Benjamin had a new tooth this morning & Joseph has a very swollen spot on his gum, so I think he is close to another one. That I'm sure is contributing to the "I must have mommy at all times" issue. This is tooth number 8 for both of them so hopefully we will have a little break soon. Then it is on to the dreaded 1 year molars which I have been told are the WORST for teething pain.
BTW - I love that there are 2 babies in the world that want me more than anything or anyone else! As hard as the days are when they both want held constantly, I am so BLESSED to be their #1 girl right now!

2 comments:

Clarinda said...

Well I'm glad that you're enjoying the must have mommy phase. Because after child number 3 of that, I'm ready for one that only wants daddy! Of course my little one is almost 3 and still in that phase, which isn't good with a baby on the way. So we're trying to force him to want someone else. :-)

IowaGal5 said...

Ben and Joe's teething pattern sounds exactly like T, G, & B. Early and all at once. Be prepared, their "1-year-molars" will most likely come early. Feel around in there - they might already be on the way. Trent lost a canine a few days ago and has another one loosening. Dentist said we can expect his "12-year-molars" at age 10-11 based on x-rays. Ah, the joy.