Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Pool, Rain Boots, A Panda Bear & Hitting Pause


I think I might say this at every age, but 37 months might be my favorite age!

If, when your children were born, you were given the option to choose any one age in your child's life to hit the "pause button" on, I think this would be when I would do it.


Their interaction with each other, their questions and comments about life and the world, their little conversations, the way they show affection. . . it ALL is so amazing & so much fun!

* * * * *

Did you know a pool can be used for so much more than swimming?
I have emptied ours, but am still trying to decide if I want to store it for next year, or if it's time to pass it on.   So for the moment it is in the backyard empty.

Benjamin and Joseph have been very creative in how they are using it.

A "slide" and a "climbing wall"  have been 2 popular choices.


However, this mama isn't sure she likes those choices, so I usually end up placing it flat.
That makes it the perfect place to "chat" with your brother or pretend to "swim."


Can I mention how much I love this smile?!!


Oh, and in case you haven't noticed already, the boys now have bright, red, way too big (so they will fit next summer), "fire chief" rain boots. 
(That look a lot like Ronald McDonald shoes now that I see these pictures!)



Thanks to a clearance sale and a consignment store, these are their favorite footwear right now.  I allow it in the yard, or going to Aunt Pam's house, but not so much to the store or church.  {grin}

You also might notice the red striped socks.  I had to get rid of Joseph's favorite blue striped socks {sad face} so these are now his new favorites & if they are clean he has them on!   That boy has some strong opinions about his clothing.

He also still loves his panda bear.  
I love how he carries it tucked under his arm.


Back to the pool. . .
The best thing to do in an empty pool is wrestle with your brother!


Benjamin will wrestle anyone who is willing for as long as they are willing.  
Joseph is sometimes open to the idea of wrestling & other times very opposed!

Just a warning. . . If  you hear one of my boys say, "Brother, do you want to hug?" don't assume it is a  sweet request.  "Hug" is often their code word for a take down.  


Don't worry.  Mommy or Daddy supervises & they are usually laughing like crazy!

I love, love, love watching them play together!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Precious boys :o) Your boys will probably enjoy the pool next year wont they? My oldest still has fun in wading pools :o)