Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just A Bit of Everything

Benjamin whistles now.  

We went to the zoo yesterday with friends.  Beautiful Day!  Lots of Fun.  So glad I purchased that zoo pass last spring!

Legos, Legos, and more Legos. . .
They are a favorite right now.

 (notice "Cranky" from Thomas at the top - he is "really tall!")

I am watching 2 boys for one hour on Wednesday mornings.  They play & then we walk them to the bus.  Benjamin & Joseph love this one hour of fun with older boys (kindergarten & 1st grade) & they LOVE watching the bus.  {grin}

It was raining this morning.  Benjamin & Joseph were way too excited to wear coats!



Last night I told Joseph, "I love you, Joseph" as I kissed him good night.  
He said, "I love you best, Mommy."  {melt me!}


Today it is cool and raining.  You can tell fall is on it's way.
Joseph was so excited this morning to find out he gets to wear his "new" garage sale long sleeve t-shirt with the green "dinosaur" on it.   He thinks it is the dinosaur from Toy Story (it's really a monster, but I am not ruining his excitement!).


I went to the farmer's market with Benjamin last Saturday.  Lots of really yummy, cheap, produce.  I stretched $30 a very long way (melon, apples, broccoli, squash, red peppers, grapes, onion, garlic, romaine lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes. . .).  Yummy!

Cyclones did well Saturday = very happy hubby!
(3 overtimes & final score of 44 to 41 against the Hawkeyes)

When I cut coupons.  I let the boys cut with me.  They love, love, love scissors, but really are just "ripping" the paper.  They also do clean up the mess.  It's a good way to keep them happy while I get a project done.



We celebrated my sister's 20th birthday with her college friends.
Nothing like being 10+ years older than most of the people in the room to make you feel old!  
Wasn't I just in college yesterday?

Happy Birthday, Kristi!


We have decided to have the boys start Cubbies in Awana this year.   Tonight will be their first night.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just let me warn you-- they start Cubbies today, and in like two weeks you'll be buying a $13 t-shirt for TnT clubs and trying not to cry while your 3rd grader rolls his eyes at you. Or in your case, double all that. ;)

I was working at Faith this week and had one guy come in that I swear was approximately 14. They're definitely getting younger. It can't possibly be that we're getting older, right? :)

Karen said...

Loved this post!!!
I can relate to almost all of it:) Also, Love that you guys will be in our small group!!!!