Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trying To Beat The Heat

It is HOT!

Temperatures in the high 90's & humidity in the high 80's and 90's.
The heat index has been as high as 122.

Today the high is supposed to be 99.

Even my 5:30am runs have been crazy hot and humid.

This has been going on since last Friday and looks to continue all through this weekend.

We are just trying to stay cool any way we can!


However, I can honestly say I would take this any day over the freezing temperatures and snow we were living in January!!!  Honest!

Our wading pool has been a life saver!


This pool is so refreshing & has been worth every penny of the $0 I spent for it 2 years ago!
(We have used it so much I wouldn't bat an eye to pay $100 for it)



Ice cream has also been at the top of our daily diet {grin}

I am missing Arizona (my growing up state) quite a bit!  
There it is hot, but not humid!
("It's a dry heat.")




3 comments:

Sarah Hensley said...

Hooray for backyard pools!! And I'm right there with you-- I'll take this weather over the cold too!

Tim said...

If you are missing Arizona that much then come and visit us :)

Clarinda said...

I'm agreeing with Tim. Come on out & visit! You're right, not much humidity, yet an enjoyable heat! I love summer! Even in AZ.