I'm a little late getting this documented, but better late than losing the memories, right?
Two weeks ago the boys' cousins were able to visit for a morning.
Two weeks ago the boys' cousins were able to visit for a morning.
They were on their way to an amazing family vacation in Colorado (I'm a little jealous of that!).
Then their whole family was able to stop in again on their way home.
Dad & Mom R. (Grandpa & Grammie) were also able to join us.
My boys loved every second of play with their older cousins.
Aunt Dawn brought their bird, Stanley. Benjamin talked all morning about the bird sitting on his finger, but when the time came he wasn't so sure! Joseph just ignored it, other than to stay aware of where it was, so he wouldn't be surprised by it.
Doug thought of other things to do with the bird. {grin}
They brought presents. Aunt Dawn hit it big at a couple of garage sales (she has the Midas touch at garage saling!), so the boys were spoiled!
The kids all played in the water. I don't know if I have ever seen Joseph so happy about something! He got to chase his cousins and get them wet!!!
Playing in the water went something like this. . .
Clothed with squirt bottles,
Clothed with squirt bottles,
Just shorts with squirt bottles and the hose,
Fill the pool,
Very wet shorts so we go to just a diaper (my kids, not the cousins!),
Diaper in a full pool = diapers too heavy to stay on!
Finally, I just go to a swim diaper which is what I should have done in the first place!
You can just see the adoration my boys have for their cousins in this photo!
The kids invented this fun "tunnel" game that my boys couldn't get enough of. The giggles and squeals of joy were the kind that makes your heart just full of happiness!
They also played band and parade. Loudly!!!
There were so many fun memories crammed into just a few hours in each of those two visits!
And as if that's not enough for one post, I have a video of the cousins playing together. {grin}
2 comments:
Aww cousin love! SO fun! The older cousins look like they do so well with your boys :o)
LOVE the video. My kids cannot WAIT to be with the boys again so they can play "tunnel". They ADORE them so much! Thanks for the great pics.
Post a Comment