There are certain skills
That I celebrate my children learning!
(Dancing, cheering, really celebrate!)
OK, I celebrate all the new milestones,
But some are BIGGER than others.
For example:
Joseph learning to put his own pacifier in.
Being big enough to crawl into their car-seats on their own.
Being able to tell you what they want.
When they remember to say please or thank you without needing a prompting.
I'm sure potty training (not yet though!)
Yesterday, I had a new skill to celebrate!
He can put on his own flip-flops!!!
What skills do you celebrate your children learning?
2 comments:
Putting their own seatbelt on!
Julie totally stole mine! I remember when Brooke, my last baby, put on her own seatbelt. It was like the heavens opened and smiled on me. So great.
Also:
* suiting up to go out and play in the snow. Big achievement.
* tying shoes
* READING INDEPENDENTLY. THis is a pretty big one. How awesome it is to just hand them a book and say, "Go read." I mean, I still read-aloud, even with Trent, and they love it. But having them able to just read for the joy of it is amazing.
Post a Comment