Sunday, May 22, 2011

Toddler Beds

We did it!
The boys successfully made the transition into their toddler beds on Friday night.

 Most importantly, it went so smoothly.
They were so very excited to get their "big boy beds."


After daddy took down their cribs and put up the beds, they had a little time to play.  
They climbed in and out, in and out, in and out. . .
They tried to jump and learned quickly that wasn't acceptable {grin}.
They arranged all their blankies, animals, etc.
They were so HAPPY about this new arrangement!


Then we just did our usually bedtime routine & into bed they went.

We heard lots of giggles, and talking, and singing (this is usual, by the way!).

I listened to know when they would try to get out.  It only happened 2x and both times I went in, told them to stay in their own bed and go to sleep.  Then I re-kissed and re-tucked in.
The first time they were "trading" beds.
The second time they were both cuddled up in the rocking chair singing "Jesus Loves Me" to each other.   (Which just melts me, but I still had to enforce the "stay in your own bed" thing.)

After about 45 minutes of all this they were both sound asleep.  
Not a peep all night and they woke up at 7:00.


In the morning they stayed in bed talking to each other for a bit.
Then they collectively decided to call me.
One boy, "We need Mommy"
Other boy, "You cry for Mommy"
Original boy, "No, Brother, you cry for Mommy"
Collectively, "MOMMY!!!"


Naps have gone well too.

I couldn't have asked for an easier transition!

 Wow, where does time go!??
 It seems like just yesterday I was swaddling and putting a tiny baby into a huge crib!   {sniff, sniff}


As bittersweet as it is watching them grow I just LOVE experiencing these milestones with them.  I am so overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have these two sweet boys in my life!

p.s.  I also love that I usually get a full night of sleep now! {grin}

p.p.s.  Next hurdle, potty training!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Great job everyone!

IowaGal5 said...

I love this post. So sweet. The picture of tiny baby Ben? at the end made me tear up. Precious.