Monday, May 23, 2011

Many May Events

May has been a busy month for us. 
I have a few things that I want to make sure to note on my blog before the memories fade away. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My parents were able to visit for a little over a week this month.
My heart is so full of joy to watch them play and interact with Benjamin & Joseph.

We spent a fun morning at the zoo.
I hope to blog some more pictures of this trip sometime, but we will see {grin}.


Grandma spoiled the boys rotten.  There were new golf clubs, Thomas shirts, unlimited
attention, and she even taught them that the coin operated riding toys at Wal-Mart
actually move when you put money in them. {grin} 
 I told them that only Grandma's make them work {wink, wink}.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My "baby" sister, Kristi, graduated from college with her associates degree. 

I was glad to be able to be there to watch her receive her diploma, and, I am thankful for the family that was also willing to help with the boys since Doug couldn't make it.

(My 2 sisters and me.  I love them!)

I am so very proud of her.
Right now she is in South Africa for a missions trip.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Mother's Day.
I do not take lightly the awesome privilege and joy it is to be Benjamin and Joseph's mommy!  


We were able to spend a very busy day with my parents and Doug's parents.
(How often do you get to do that on Mother's Day!?!)

(With my parents)

(With Doug's parents)

My Dad spoke at a nearby church and after the service Doug's parents
graciously hosted us all for lunch.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I celebrated my 31st birthday this month.

Thanks to my sweet in-laws, Doug and I got away for a little dinner date
and then cake back at home with the boys. 

To make me feel a little bit older, the first class of 4th graders I taught all are graduating this month.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I feel so blessed with the family I have and was thrilled to be with them so much this month!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! I got to celebrate Mothers Day with my mom and Randys parents. Not AS cool as both sets of parents but almost ;o) Good idea saying the rides only work with Grandmas, haha! Anyway, yes that would make you feel *great* having your first class graduating this year! For some reason I didnt know/forgot that our birthdays are so close AND our 10 year annivesarys are within days of each other too!