Friday, March 11, 2011

A Little Personal History


A few weeks ago I brought a large freezer box upstairs from our basement for the boys to play with.
They had a great time crawling through it, jumping on it, sitting in it, wrestling in it (surprised!?), and then coloring on it with markers.
It brought back some fun memories for me. My Grandpa used to get a big box for my sister and me when we would visit them. Pam and I would decide where we wanted the doors and windows and my Grandpa would cut them out. We would decorate it and just have a great time!
I facebooked a message to my Grandma about the fun memories I had of these times at their house & she sent me this copy of a scrapbook page she had. I was so excited to get it! I had no idea these pictures existed. SO FUN!!!
So... here I am with my sister. {grin}
I know!!! How great is this. I am the girl with the awkward spider legs and funny mouth (to the left). My sister is the beautiful smiling girl next to me. I would have just turned 5 and Pam would have been 3 1/2. We must have only been home from Africa a few months when these pictures were taken. I bet you my mom made those cute tops we are wearing.

Do you want to see those pictures a little closer?


Thank you Grandma for taking the time to take, preserve, and then share these pictures with me!


2 comments:

Nate and Pam said...

How great is that!!! Love them!!! We have some GREAT memories together, Debbi!!! Thanks for sharing this, AND Thank You to Grandma for sharing the pictures!!!

Julie said...

How fun that she had those pictures! You both were/are so pretty!