Thursday, March 10, 2011

"What's Up Doc"

I have been feeling a little in a rut with our lunches recently, but then I discovered this really cool web site HERE with tons of fun ideas for healthy toddler/kid food. We (or at least me) have been having fun trying some new things.
I was able to get apples & cabbage really cheap at the store this week, so I decided to try this Colorful Cabbage Salad today. Recipe HERE. You have to shred a bunch of things & the boys were very curious about that process. While shredding, they all (my 2 & their friend who plays with us a few days a week) pulled up chairs to watch.
They couldn't help but grab a yummy, bright, orange carrot to chew {grin}.
I tried to teach them to say "What's up, doc?" but they didn't get the humor!



Sadly, the salad wasn't a big hit. They picked out the raisins and "tested" the rest. I know it is a very different texture for them so I will try it a few times before giving up. From my experience it sometimes takes lots of tries before they decide to like something {grin}.
For the record, I thought the salad was yummy.

They did like (and eat) some of the carrots while I was making it, so that is something!

You may have noticed Joseph's shiner. He also has a cut on his chin. He had a little collision with a friend at the gym where I work out. Ouchie, but it isn't serious! I also think he looks pale today -- he has a pretty bad ear infection and hasn't been able to sleep well for a few days. {sad face} Maybe the carrot will help give him a little color!

No comments: