I am a very indecisive person.
Choosing a paint color brings out the worst in me.
Poor Doug. I have been driving him crazy every night this week discussing the pros and cons of the various shades of colors that he calls "gray" and "white"
(Oh wow! Please forgive the dust on that fake tree!)
This is our home now. You can see lots of pictures throughout my blog if you care to look {grin}. It has one wall that is redish and the rest are a light tan color. It is very lived in since we only have one main room that also serves as a play room/jungle gym most days. {grin}
For a while now I've been wanting to lighten it up a bit & honestly if you look closely (or even not very closely!) the red walls have not survived toddlerhood very well. And to be honest, the tan ones are pretty bad too.
This is just one very small sample of what all the walls from 3 feet down look like!
So, my original thought was to just go with a shade of white. Clean, light, easy touch ups, doesn't show "dings" quickly, and if we ever try to sell it is a "safe" choice. I would then add lots of brighter colors with new curtains & pillows in shades of green & blue (I think, again with my indecisiveness...). White is "classic", right?
However, I have recently seen many rooms online that are a shade of gray that I love. But, is gray too trendy? Is it one of those colors that looks beautiful if you know how to design very well (I don't!) but otherwise will just look dirty? Or am I just to "chicken" to try anything but white.
Grrrrr. . . you see, I am way over thinking this!
What do you think. . .
White?
Gray?
Some Combinations of gray & white?
Just do tan again?
Purple?
Hot Pink?
All opinions welcome!
6 comments:
So I would go with something more white than grey. We have two grey rooms and it's been so hard for me to decorate them. Also, designers use white walls a lot and add color in decor like you said. Good luck!
I'm a sucker for color, so not sure. If I had to choose between white and grey, I would probably go with white. However, I had white walls with three little ones and it showed all kinds of fingerprints and stuff. Kind of a pain to try and keep clean. What about a light off white/beige? If you wanted to add white accents to brighten it would look nice, and you could decorate around it. We are paint crazy around here right now, and I am coloring our walls "basketry". I don't know, just rambling now...lol. White would go with a lot though.:)
I have a red wall in my living room and it looks EXACTLY like yours. ;)
I read on some blog somewhere that even though gray and grayish blue look pretty in magazines, you should avoid using them on your walls. Her very practical reason was that they're "cloudy" colors and you want your home to be cheery, not cloudy. She lives in the Pacific Northwest and sees a lot of cloudy days, I think.
Anyway, I'd probably go with white too, or a warmer off-white. And I'd invest in something extra washable. ;)
You should go with Sedona Red and Black to cheer on the Diamondbacks :)
-Your Diamondback loving brother
Im not good at accenting... So I would go with white. We have a dark tan wall that is dinged up like yours and our while (off whitish) one doesnt look to bad. So the white would def look better with chips in it and stuff.
ok so I just spent months trying to pick colors for my house (we're talking huge squares of paint sample paint on the walls for months...it was awesome). Anyway, this is what I came up with,...Sherman Williams Kilim Beige (semi-gloss). It is the perfect color...hides spots, cleans beautifully, and looks great in every light. I am in love with this color. I also went a kind of buttery yellow in my family room and it is really hard to find a yellow that looks good in all lights...it is sherman williams jersey cream. I know people say that you should spend a lot on paint but we hit sales and bought the cashmere paint and we loved it. I will never use a different type of paint again. Also, always use semi-gloss when you have little ones...makes life so much easier....just my two sense.
Post a Comment