Friday, March 25, 2011

Bedtime Cuddles & A Song




One, Two, Three
(Sung to the turn of Adelvice from The Sound of Music)

One, Two, Three,
One, Two, Three,
I love my boys & they love me.

Four, Five, Six,
Seven, Eight, Nine,
I'm so glad that God made them mine!

Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, and Two,
Their my little punk-a-roos.

One, Two, Three,
One, Two, Three,
We're as happy as we can be!

~ ~ ~

Do you have special songs?  Songs that you sing with your children during those cuddly times?


 (finger through the blanket = LOVE!)



The boys' Grandma wrote these words when she had children and sang them to Doug as a baby.  Now I sing it to my "babies" right before they go to sleep at night.  They request it and remind me if I forget.

There is something very special in rituals like this & in traditions passed down through generations.






2 comments:

Sarah Hensley said...

That is so sweet. I have always thought that was one of the prettiest tunes!

IowaGal5 said...

Well, of course this is our song too since MOM SUNG IT TO ME FIRST!!! (no sibling rivalry here...wink, nod) Anyway, they are so precious.
We sing lots of hymns. But here is a fav lullaby that I learned when Trent spent so much time in the hospital:

"Rock-a-bye, Rock-a-bye
Oh, baby oh
Rock-a-bye, Rock-a-bye
Quickly you grow
So things less important will just have to keep
While I rock-a-bye my baby to sleep"