Monday, January 10, 2011

Today

I'm holding a paci-less little boy on my lap while I type. He woke up from a very short nap and obviously didn't get enough sleep. The extra cuddles are nice!
It's snowing. The weather man says maybe 6 inches by tomorrow morning. It's so pretty, but so very hard to live with.
I received a email from my Latino Literature professor letting me know I have successfully completed all the online course work and will be getting my license renewal certificate soon {happy dance!}. So glad to be done with this class.
My family is starting to return to the land of the living after another round of stomach flu. For the record, this is the 3rd time for me in the last 5 months. I think that is a little much & I am hoping I have meet my stomach flu quota for the next 10 years. Miraculously, Benjamin is the only one who avoided this round & I am SO thankful for that!
I went to the grocery store with the boys. Exciting I know! Paid $3 for a pineapple which is to much, but it sounded sooooooo good. {grin}
I am loving soup. We are eating some form of it almost every night.
My floor desperately needs a good scrubbing. Right now I am choosing to blog instead of scrub. {grin}
Our electricity was out for about an hour & we all put on a extra layer. Isn't it amazing what we take for granted until we don't have it!
I am so thankful that my parents (who live in Tucson about one block from a Safeway) are safe today & I am so sad for the families who lost loved ones.
It's time to pick up Benjamin's monthly bag of diabetic medicine from the pharmacy. I am so, so, so thankful for insurance!
The boys are playing constantly with their food, grill, shopping cart, Buzz & Woody. They love to pretend to "shop" with their "boys." I am so proud of how they are learning to share and take turns. Most of the time {grin}.
I played "the pillow game" with the boys. I hope to share another blog post (and video) about that soon.
A favorite game of Benjamin & Joseph right now is running in circles. I'm not joking! They run around & around & around just for fun. Maybe they will be really great track and field athletes one day.
I am praying God will help me as I discipline my boys to remember my ultimate goal is to guide them to Christ, not to create "perfect" children that make me look good.
I took Joseph to the doctor for a check up on his nighttime cough issues ("seasonal asthma" is what the doctor calls it). Both boys cry the minute their pediatrician enters the room. Today Joseph told me before the doctor came in, "I'm scared Mommy, I want to go home." Made me sad for him, but it also made me a little proud to realize how he is able to verbalize his feelings now!
Benjamin has been very fixated on seeing what fits into the small drawer on his little table (it is about 2in high & 12in wide). Last night he tried to cram Buzz Lightyear in. Doug and I were laughing about how funny it is that something that to us so obviously won't fit, to Benjamin's developing mind was a realistic possibility. It is so fun to watch them learn and discover!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good reminder about not just trying to have perfect children but to guide them to Christ. Thank you :o)
Cute little stories about your boys, and sorry to hear how many times you've had the stomach flu! No fun.

Grammie Rose said...

So glad to get the good news that Benjamin didn't get the flu, that the rest of you are recuperating, and that Joseph's cough issues aren't signs of something new; asthma is no fun but we know it can be dealt with.

CONGRATS on getting your course work completed -- know you probably did some of the best work your professor received from students taking this class!!

It's great to hear how the boys are playing with their new toys and having so much fun with them-- and with each other!

From a Grandma's viewpoint, I see evidence that you are doing a great job disciplining/guiding Benjamin & Joseph. What a blessing!

Thinking of all of you as you deal with these wintertime temps, streets, etc. Love to all,
Grammie