I have been horrible about blogging. I need to blog about Christmas, the new year, and so many little things.
.
However, I have to take a few moments to write about Joseph's recent growth milestone.
He has been pacifier free for over 48 hours now!
However, I have to take a few moments to write about Joseph's recent growth milestone.
He has been pacifier free for over 48 hours now!
.
He has only had his pacifier for sleeping since he was a 18 months old. I have let him keep it at night & naps longer than I intended, and I knew we needed to be done with it soon. Joseph is cutting his top two 2 year molars right now, so I was going to wait that out & then it would be time.
He has only had his pacifier for sleeping since he was a 18 months old. I have let him keep it at night & naps longer than I intended, and I knew we needed to be done with it soon. Joseph is cutting his top two 2 year molars right now, so I was going to wait that out & then it would be time.
.
However, Joseph changed all that on Sunday night.
However, Joseph changed all that on Sunday night.
.
I had started talking to Joseph about being "all done" with his pacifier soon. Saying things like:
"You are getting so big, soon you won't need your paci."
I had started talking to Joseph about being "all done" with his pacifier soon. Saying things like:
"You are getting so big, soon you won't need your paci."
.
Sunday night I took it a step farther and said:
"You are getting so big, soon you won't need your paci. Paci's are for little babies."
He took his paci out and handed it to me saying "for the baby."
That was it. . . He hasn't put a paci in since then.
Sunday night I took it a step farther and said:
"You are getting so big, soon you won't need your paci. Paci's are for little babies."
He took his paci out and handed it to me saying "for the baby."
That was it. . . He hasn't put a paci in since then.
.
He cried.
The "break a mommies heart" kind of crying. I could tell he was really, really sad. He even said "I want my paci" but refused to actually take it because it was "for the baby." I think he actually wanted to go give it to a baby.
He cried.
The "break a mommies heart" kind of crying. I could tell he was really, really sad. He even said "I want my paci" but refused to actually take it because it was "for the baby." I think he actually wanted to go give it to a baby.
.
I rocked him longer than usual, and he fell asleep. He slept all night.
Last night, same thing.
I rocked him longer than usual, and he fell asleep. He slept all night.
Last night, same thing.
.
Naps have been short, I am hoping that will change in a few days after he adjusts. He has also wanted me and his lovey bear more than usual.
Naps have been short, I am hoping that will change in a few days after he adjusts. He has also wanted me and his lovey bear more than usual.
.
Joseph has been "self talking" quite a lot last few days. Saying things like. . .
"I want my paci. No, I don't need paci. I am a big boy. I need to give my paci to the baby."
Joseph has been "self talking" quite a lot last few days. Saying things like. . .
"I want my paci. No, I don't need paci. I am a big boy. I need to give my paci to the baby."
.
I am a little sad that Joseph is getting big enough to not use a pacifier anymore {sniff, sniff}.
I am happy that Joseph has taken so much "ownership" in the decision and that we are almost done with the transition.
I am a little sad that Joseph is getting big enough to not use a pacifier anymore {sniff, sniff}.
I am happy that Joseph has taken so much "ownership" in the decision and that we are almost done with the transition.
.
Hurray!
Hurray!
A few pacifier pictures . . .
Just a few weeks old
(Wow, I forgot how much he looked like Kermit the Frog's nephew when he was an infant!) {grin}
You had soooooo much trouble keeping that pacifier in because of your tounge tied issues.
8 months old. You learn to put it in by yourself.
18 months old. You only use your pacifier at bedtime.
Just recently.

1 comment:
I can feel how bittersweet this is for you, and completely understand! I feel torn between wanting my children to grow/develop, and staying little forever...
Post a Comment