I try to be a creative mom & expose my boys to lots of (simple) fun things. Things that get their minds and bodies exploring and learning.
.
When I was teaching, one of my fourth grader's favorite things to do was write their spelling words in shaving cream. I also remember nannying for a little 5 year old boy who loved to put his dinosaurs into shaving cream. He would literally play for an hour with dinosaurs & shaving cream.
.
Naturally, I assumed when I introduce my boys to this very fun activity I would be the MOST FUN MAMA EVER!!!
.
Well, not so much...
Benjamin & Joseph acted like I was tormenting them when I dared to put their hands into the shaving cream.
.
"Seriously mommy. You want us to touch this disgusting goo..."
.
Never mind that they have no problem touching toilet water.
And can you believe I even had the nerve to put their cars in it! {grin}
.
4 comments:
That is so funny-- you can see the disgust on their little faces!
You are such a good mommy!!!
I would have thought they would have loved this! How brave of you to try too, knowing the mess that could ensue. I bet someday in the very near future, they will look back at these pictures and wonder why they didn't love said activity : )
I love hearing and seeing all the documenting you are doing of your boys growing up. So fun to see! They will cherish it someday.
That is absolutely hilarious! Who would think boys wouldn't love making a mess? I guess that could be a good thing - maybe they'll be nice and tidy little guys!
Oh, so funny - Zachary has times when he doesn't want dirty hands, so I understand - he's gotten better about crafts & painting & stuff, though! :)
Post a Comment