Friday, September 3, 2010

We Love Parks & Swings



Benjamin & Joseph are like many other 2 years olds, they are active. They love to run, climb, jump, and explore. For that reason, we all love parks. They love them for the reasons I just named, and I love them because they allow my boys to release some of their energy outside of our small house. Another frequent advantage is more & better sleep!


We have spent many, many hours at several different parks this summer. Both boys now watch out the car window and yell loudly anytime they see a park from the road. I stop as often as we can, because I want to be that kind of mommy. You know, the one that has fun with her kids and says "yes" sometimes. After all, in 20 years I won't remember the crunch carpet that I haven't vacuumed in a week...but I will remember the moments spent pushing my boys in swings, because I stopped when they asked. {smile}


Since we first put you in a swing, over a year ago, it has been one of your favorite things to do. Often we pair you up. I know those days are almost over. The swing is really heavy now & the fit is tight.




"To swing or not to swing? Swing."

- Unknown


3 comments:

Sarah Hensley said...

That is so cute that they can swing together like that. Great pictures-- I especially love the one with the sunflare!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! My kids have all been big swing lovers. When Ryan was a baby we lived on campus at Faith and there was a swingset back behind the buildings that someone had hung a baby swing on. I used to take him out there almost every day when it was nice, and he would laugh and kick and he just loved it. He still loves to swing. Now he pumps himself higher and higher . . .

Carrie said...

That IS adorable - I love the together in the swing pictures! Cute post! :)