We did not start out the summer planning to garden.
I love the idea of gardening, but am totally lost on the how and where of it.
However, we had an area in our back yard that Doug decided would benefit from having something (anything) grow there. So he bought some carrot seeds and some squash seeds and planted them. We have seen no sign of the carrots, but the squash decided to grow.
We love to eat squash, but we have no idea how to take care of this plant, or if we are even going to grow anything edible.
It has been fun to watch!!!
This started with just 8 little seeds planted within a few inches of the house. Doug didn't know that squash apparently knows how to spread out very quickly.
As of last night, this is all the gourd we have seen...
Do any of my readers have experience growing squash? If this plant doesn't produce anything I am going to (maybe!) want to give this a try again.
1 comment:
When did you plant it?? Blosoms are the start of a "fruit" coming on. I am guessing you planted late, since most people have had many squash by now. You can check your packet to and look for how many days you can expect a harvest. Also, many things I planted by seed this year did not do well. It was my first year "gardening." Apparently this has not been the best year for gardeners. Hope this helps?!!
Post a Comment