Yesterday, I decided it was time for Joseph to loose the hairy ear flaps & the mullet. Truthfully, I was largely motivated by the Target photo session I had scheduled in the afternoon.
So, I loaded up both boys and off we went.
My Mom and I had given Joseph a tiny trim prior to this, but this was a much bigger deal.
Joseph did wonderful. He fussed a little at first, and wanted me to "hold you," but soon decided that as long as I was reading to him everything would be OK.
Because of his fine and very blond hair, the result is not dramatic, but he does look very handsome all cleaned up!
Benjamin sat in the stroller quietly eating his snack the whole time. I imagine he was thinking "if I'm quiet, maybe they will forget I am here and not try to cut my hair next."
What is it about these first haircuts that just seem like such a huge deal? I have fought tears both times I have watch the baby curls getting clipped.
Time just goes too fast.
1 comment:
Oh, I remember my boys' first haircuts. It's just so sad! Right now I'm trying to decide if I should take Gracie for a trim or wait. It's definitely gone mullet. But I'm afraid if we do much of anything to it it's going to just be way too short, and I love her little curls in the back. I keep pulling the sides up so you can't see that they're so short compared to the back. And I'm also having the "to-bang-or-not-to-bang" conversation in my head. Because the front of her hair is getting really long. But the idea of cutting bangs makes me want to cry because I know it will make her look older.
I'm such a spaz. ;)
Post a Comment