Our new fence is up!
I love it! I allows me to relax just a bit when I am outside with the boys. I sit down sometimes now {grin}
The boys are tolerating it. I do think they are missing the freedom to run wherever they choose. Joseph figured out how to open the gate within the first 3 minutes we were outside after the gate first went up! We had to add a "child proof" latch. So far, he has not been able to figure that one out, but he watches me closely every time I use it so I know his little brain is trying!
5 comments:
I love our fenced-in backyard. It is seriously the biggest blessing of our current home. Just a couple years and you'll be able to send those boys outside to play all by themselves! :)
A fence can change a mother's life!! I LOVE ours!! I can sit outside and relax, work in my garden, or play with one of the kids, and know that the others are still close by! I can even run inside to get something!! We do have to lock our gates with little padlocks though. :) Enjoy your summer!!
I never had a fenced yard and sooooo regreted it. It was always nerve wracking to have them outside. I felt like I could never take my eyes off them or relax. Needless to say, we spent less time outside because of it. Enjoy it. I would even say, by next summer, you could send them out to play by themselves, as long as you can see them thru your glass door, its not like they can go far. Padlocks - fantastic idea!
great! Isn't a fenced yard great. It is nice to know they are safely in the back yard. Plus, even when they are old enough to play outside by themselves, it is a nice visual reminder of the boundaries you are asking them to stay inside. : )
Enjoy this nice cool weather as you play outside.
We don't have a fenced in yard - I mean, our backyard is 180 acres of CAMP after all, but we do have a little porch with a gate on it, so I can send Z out there to play, which is very nice. He does know how to open the gate, though, so I have to be careful, and I never let him out unless I'm right there to listen for the gate. :)
Post a Comment