Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On Swimsuits

My time has come to face the dreaded task of finding a new swimsuit.

For me there are several "requirements" to a good suit...
1. Modest. Something my husband is happy with me wearing.
2. Toddler safe. Nuff said.
3. Good support.
4. Under no circumstances should my twin tummy be seen...EVER!

In the past Lands End has been my go to for the best suits. I still believe that may be the most "safe" place for me to consider again.

I tend to go for the must basic/plan suit that exists. Last years suit was a once piece black number. Exciting right!?! {grin} You can see pictures of me wearing it HERE if you so desire.

I am wanting to be a little braver than plain black this year.

I found this sight HERE recently & would LOVE to hear what you all think about these suits. Cute? Or to "cutsy" for a 30 year old mom? Be honest!

I kind of like this one...

And this one...

Or maybe this one...


So what do you think? Where to you like to buy your swimsuits?

12 comments:

jennifer noel said...

I vote for the 1st one Debbie! I have a friend who has wore one like your 3rd option and sometimes those boy shorts can be loose and not real flattering. Go with #1 :)

Kate Hydorn said...

I think number 1 and number 2 are cute- and go for fun! There's nothing wrong with a 30 year old mom looking young and spunky! Heck, I try to get away with as much bling as I can and I'm pushing 40!

Anonymous said...

I think number 2 is the best option, just because I'm not a fan of cleavage and I think that would probably not be a problem with that suit. Although if it ties, you have to take into consideration whether it would be easily untied by little fingers. ;) I know I'd have WAY more chest showage than I'm comfy with with the first one. And I'm not a fan of boy shorts, although if your legs are shaped better than mine it might not be a problem. ;)

Oh, and as far as dressing young, if you wear it with confidence no one will ever think twice. Unless you're 500 pounds, 75 years old, and trying to pull of a string bikini. ;) Which I know you're not!

Clarinda said...

I like them all. I'm all for dressy fun, even when you have kids. Be the cool mom. :-)
Here is a site with some coupon codes for the website, so at least be frugal when you're buying fun swimsuits! ha ha.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/limericki.com

une autre mère said...

I'm so glad you shared this site! Those suits are all adorable! I don't even know which one to vote for. Sorry, I'm no help... but I'm really excited about that website!

Unknown said...

All the suits are cute and I'm sure you would look great in any of them. You look great to have carried twins and you don't look 30. :-) Thanks for sharing the site- I have been looking for a cute tankini and I think I'll order from there.

This Heavenly Life said...

Hi there! I followed a comment of yours at the Baby Factory, and I LOVE those swimsuits you picked! The second two are begging for me to purchase them so they can come live with me, I think :)

You'd look great in any of them, I'm sure!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

They are all stinkin' cute. Thanks for sharing that site! When I shop for a new suit {next year...provided I'm not pregnant...} I'm totally gonna get one of those!

Sarah Hensley said...

I think they're all super cute and you could wear any of them well!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

they are all totally adorable! Specially like the 2nd & 3rd ones! The boy shorts are stinking adorable!
www.hapari.com also has modest swimwear with a longer bottom, to tuck in the post twin tummy :)

Donna said...

I like different things about each of them - just a word of caution.... be careful of the "tie behind the neck" suits. I had one (way back when) and I also had a child that liked to untie it whenever I picked them up!

IowaGal5 said...

Well - I think all them are cute on the size ZERO model that is displaying them and I would proudly wear any of them if I had THIGHS of steel, a tiny butt, and a flat tummy. (as you can tell, my resentment toward swimsuit models is growing...who are these women? They surely aren't 30 or 40. And I can bet most of them haven't ever birthed a child...much less twins!!!) Anyway - I vote #3 - I know how you like the shorts thing. However, as nice as #3 is, will the top stay DOWN in the water? #1 is a darling print - but I wonder about cleavage protection (remember, your boys will use the straps and top of the suit as leverage to hang onto)and I would never want anything to cut straight across my upper thighs.
That's my 2 cents worth. I think I will wear an Orka-patterned suit this summer and just do my imitation of Shamu. There is no perfect suit and I haven't figured out how to keep a cover-up on until my body is completely submerged. ;)