Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Yes, I know I am late on this. I debated even including a post on Mother's Day. However, tonight as I rocked one of my quickly growing babies I knew I couldn't let this holiday go without some thoughts.

4 Years ago my arms & heart ached for children of my own. 2 weeks before Mother's day we had received news that the adoption we believed was only weeks away was going to be massively slowed down & maybe not happen at all because of changes in the country's rules. I didn't attend the mother's day service at church that year. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself together through all the little special things that are done to recognized those who held that precious title of "mother."

Now, looking back, I can see how God had a plan for us. One that we didn't know about yet. One that didn't involve adoption (at least not that we know about yet!). His plan was to fill our home 1 1/2 years later with two amazing baby boys.

The last two years I have celebrated Mother's Day with joy that I don't even know how to put into words. I still cry on this day like I did 4 years ago, but for very different reasons.

Being a mommy to these 2 precious boys is 100 times more amazing that I every dreamed it would be (and some days -- 100 times harder)! I will NEVER get tired of hearing "mommy" from their sweet lips as they run toward me.

I know this past weekend was hard for many woman who want nothing more than to be a mommy. Know that I was thinking about & praying that you would be aware of God's comforting presence through this weekend.

To my mom: Thank you! Thank for the moments, hours, days, and years you devoted to caring for my needs & teaching me about Jesus. I love you!

(Me with my mother)

We had a nice day. My boys & my hubby gifted me with flowers, a movie, and a nap. We spent the morning worshiping with our church family. Lunch was spent eating chili at our home with my family. It has been years since I was with my mother on Mother's Day so that was special for us.

1 comment:

Sarah Hensley said...

You're such an awesome mommy! I'm still so happy for you about having your twins-- God wanted to bless you big-time!