On Saint Patrick's Day...
Not a lot of GREEN around here yet!
Not a lot of GREEN around here yet!
(Yes, that brown stuff in the back of the picture is supposed to be GREEN grass...soon I hope!)
On sleep...
I didn't know how much I loved it (and would miss it) until I had children.
Since Benjamin's last hospital visit, most nights have been filled with multiple interruptions. I blame blood sugar checks, boys' sickness, and my own sickness. Someday my "babies" will be grown & I know I will want the late night, early morning, and middle of the night rocking sessions back! But, right now, my body is screaming for some uninterrupted hours of sleep! Hopefully, we will be turning the corner on this soon.
On Exercise...
I need more.
I sleep better when I get more.
I don't not exercise because I don't like it. I actually usually like it... It's just so hard to make the time for it.
It's easier to work out when I can get outside. Soon, I hope, we will be talking long walks & spending our days at the park instead of inside.
Yikes...it's swimsuit season soon, isn't it!?!
I pulled 3 20+ pound boys around the block in a wagon today. That has to help!
On Food...
Why is the healthy/organic food so much more expensive that the unhealthy, processed stuff?
Spinach + Strawberries + lemon juice = YUMMY!!!
On Things That Make Me Smile Right Now...
A new picture of one of my boys. Framed and on my bookshelf.
On Wal-Mart vs. Target...
In the past I have shopped at Wal-Mart for most of my groceries & household essentials. Not because I like it...I thought it was cheaper. Have been shopping at Target more recently. I have discovered Luvs diapers are cheaper at Target than Wal-Mart (and they have sales sometimes, too) & Target's generic baby wipes are cheaper too. Starting to re-consider if WalMart is actually the less expensive choice? What do you all think???
On little boys...
I LOVE them.
In fact I highly recommend them!
They make messes. BIG ones. Every day. Every meal.
They give amazing hugs that usually turn into "smashing" sessions (smashing is their word for wrestling).
They are growing up to fast.
They attempted to escape while I did laundry yesterday.
I am thankful they don't understand doors knobs or keys yet!
On Moms And Grandmas...
We miss them when they leave and go back to their homes far way in sunny Arizona.
On Taking Online Classes...
Thankful that I can get my teaching credits this way.
Don't like how it eats up all my "free" time in the evenings & at nap times.
Don't like them when the professor clearly has an agenda to her material & questions.
Almost done!!!
On Snow...
It's all melted, Hurray!!!
On Mud...
Melted snow leaves mud. Boys LOVE mud. Boo!!!
On Being a Proverbs 31 woman...
"...She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.
She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands.
She is like the ships of a merchant; she brings her food from afar.
She rises while it is yet night and provides for her household...
She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands.
She is like the ships of a merchant; she brings her food from afar.
She rises while it is yet night and provides for her household...
She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night...
There are so many days I feel like a failure as a mom, a wife, and a child of God. I wonder if I'm doing it all right, doing all the things I am need to.
I really want to say that she sets an impossible standard.
Overwhelming.
Then I remember that God doesn't ask me to do it without giving me the strength to.
Proverbs 31 woman in one sentence would be... She loves God, she loves her husband, she works VERY hard, and she is really thrilled about living like that.
So I keep striving, and failing, and trying again. Being thankful that God gives us second, third, and fourth chances to learn this!
On God...
His love is steadfast & his faithfulness endures.
On my fridge white board this week...
"...It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness at night..." Ps. 92
On blogging...
Apparently when you don't blog for a long time you have a lot to say {grin}.
2 comments:
On your boys: they are adorable. :)
On sleep: I feel your pain!
On the snow: I hear we're supposed to get more this weekend and I kind of want to cry about it.
On blogging: I need to also!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you did so I could see yours too. Super cute post and I hope you don't mind if I "follow" you. :)
On Target vs. Walmart: Definitely Target. I find more store-brand products that I like. Plus, they have some great on-line printable coupons that they'll stack with manufacturer coupons, so that's a plus! And I hardly ever have to wait in a long line, which is a huge plus with 3 little ones! :)
Post a Comment