Do you all realized how AMAZING the body of Christ in action is!?!
16 months ago when Benjamin & Joseph were born we were so blessed by our church family. Many, many, many people made meals (13 if I remember correctly!), prayed for us, and came over to help when Doug had to be gone during those early days.
The Bible tells us that it is the love of Christ in action is a distinctive mark of his followers...
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another - John 13:35 .
Our church family & friends, through their response to our need with Benjamin's diagnosis this week, have exemplified what disciples of Christ do...love one another. I cannot tell you how many people have told me they have been praying. Many have offered to watch Joseph while I take Benjamin to his doctor's appointments, and others have offered themselves for "anything (I need." I wonder if housecleaning, Christmas shopping, and making fudge would count!). I couldn't turn around at church today without someone expressing their concern & prayer support.
And it has made all the difference!!!
I have had people comment about how well I am handling this, but that is not really true. I know it is the prayers of so many that have given me the strength this past week. The ability to turn to God for my needs, to stay thankful for all the good in my life, and to see the blessing that are coming even in this hardship, all are made possible only with the help of the Holy Spirit & the prayers of so many!
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how in our deepest times of need, God gives us just the right people around us and just the right strength to meet those needs? I experienced the same thing when I had my miscarriage. People kept telling me how well I was handling it, but the truth is, it was ALL God's strength and grace bringing me hope and carrying me through. He is so good.
you do such a great job with your blog! I am so encouraged at how you handle your boys with such grace! Merry Christmas!
Tears came to my eyes as I read your baby has diabetes. I am so thankful you have a good support system in your church and that your sister lives close by too. Last year about this time I found out Josiah was anemic which was something that could be fixed and not a long term thing. I cried buckets during that time (especially sitting there holding him as nurses searched for veins in his tiny arms). I will be praying for you. I know it is hard as a mom to sit and wonder what's going on and wishing they could express how they feel. Some advice: use those people who have offered to help. They wouldn't have offered if they didn't mean it. I wish I could offer help but I wouldn't be much help from Kansas. =)
But I will leave you with this...you can make super easy fudge in about 3 minutes. Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a container of chocolate frosting together. Pour in a greased 8X8 pan and cool. It takes about 2 minutes to microwave and it tastes great!
I'll be praying! Have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment